- Office number: +44 (0)1443 814800
Blackwood, United Kingdom
31 March, 2020
To support the Production team by taking responsibility for the test, repair and calibration of both finished products and customer returns, to serve the business needs and objectives of Hanwell.
- Previous experience within the Electronics industry as a test engineer.
- Understand and interpret drawings, schematics, blueprints, technical manuals and instructions.
- Experience in electronics and PCB fault finding techniques.
- Work with Supervisors to plan and coordinate test activities.
- Work with cross-functional teams to complete the assigned job duties within deadlines.
- An Understanding of PC software and common operating systems.
- Recommend process improvements to enhance testing efficiency.
- Work on new production units, customer returns, and willing to be trained in UKAS calibration lab.
- Electronics: ONC in Electronics required.
- Prioritize and triage customer return repairs and Production Test jobs based on available resource and the date that they are required.
- Test, inspect, calibrate and/or validate electronic products in accordance with controlled written test procedures and achieve the production delivery targets.
- Test, fault-find and repair production and customer return failures; diagnosing faults on a modular level; from PCB assembly through to finished product.
- Accurately record test results.
- Liaise with Design/Engineering as required.
- General soldering (lead-free) skills, understanding the relevant IPC standards.
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping standards to ensure an organised, clean & safe working environment for all employees.
- Comply with all health and safety requirements as stipulated within standard operating procedures & company procedures.
- Understand and implement the necessary anti-static precautions.
- Participate in team projects & process improvement initiatives.
- Identify & report process improvement opportunities.
- Promote and facilitate a culture of continuous improvement.
- Support the Production Tester and other Technicians.
- Any other duties deemed necessary for the benefit of the company by management.